Head of Business Development
FINJA, the leading Pakistani FinTech is a new age financial services platform for professionals, merchants (Karyana shops) and SME businesses addressing their payments, collections and credit needs. Being friend of banks, we hold a unique position in the value chain enabling all actors in the eco-system to interact digitally. We are the flag bearers leading Pakistan’s economy to a digital transformation by providing innovative financial services & solutions
Finja is on the lookout for Head of Business Development for its Institutional Sales unit. In this role the applicant is expected to spearhead the Institutional Sales unit with a direct reporting line to the CEO. This role carries clear, target-driven KPIs that require building an active / transacting business portfolio, retention of the portfolio, Relationship Management and cross-sell of Finja’s Lending products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an effective sales strategy by leveraging on understanding of local business environment
- Build market position by locating, developing, defining, and closing business relationships.
- Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners.
- Attract new clients by innovating and overseeing the sales process for the business.
- Track individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations.
- Evaluate options and resolve internal priorities.
- Examine risks and potentials for the business opportunities.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Enhance organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Define, monitor and enforce targets to sales team and setting up monitoring process
- Provide Sales & Marketing advice/information to senior management team to facilitate business performance review and provide support to devise and fine tune strategic directives
- Presentation skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Analytical & problem solving skills
- Stakeholder management
- Technical knowledge of Financial solutions
- Minimum a Bachelor’s Degree or Masters in the field of Business / Marketing / Banking
- Minimum 8 years of corporate / institutional sales experience in the financial industry with a minimum of 2 years in a managerial role.